Comfortable


 

Comfortable




I'm comfortable here, like almost too comfortable. I think I skipped all the other H's of transitioning and went straight to home. No kidding. 

From the moment I got here, I felt peace, like everything is right. It feels as though I've been here my entire life. However, I can recognize that this may be just rose-colored glasses over my eyes. This may still be the honeymoon phase making me feel this way, because it has only been a month. 

There's so many things I do differently now and have grown to either like or tolerate (rather than dislike). Let's run through them:

  • I go out, like a lot
    • I've already been to Dallas, I have plans to go to San Antonio, and have seen a lot of Houston.
  • I drive all the time 
    • I never liked to drive, but here I am driving an hour or more probably about 3 times a week.
  • I don't work
    • I was blessed this semester to not have to work, best thing I've ever done.
  • I eat by myself
    • Whether that be in the cafe, at a restaurant, or in my car, I am always finding new places to eat.
  • I journal everyday
    • This is my first time being consistent with it and in it I talk about what I'm grateful for, what I'd like to get done for the day, and then reflect at night
  • I workout 5 days a week
    • Just like with my journal, I was never consistent. I also did a complete 180 turn and took it a step farther but doing it in the morning. So I am in there by 8:30 at the latest and as early as 7.
  • I talk to people
    • I strike up random conversations all the time, something I always wanted to do but never did.

I could go on and on about this but I think this is enough to really show how much I've adjusted and how natural it came.

Comments

  1. I'm glad you are getting to do new things or learning to enjoy things you previously didn't. Also, Texas is a great place to travel because it is just so large and there is so much to do.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog